Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Betz, Timm, Scott J. Cook, and Florian Hollenbach. ''Spatial Interdependence and Instrumental Variable Models,'' Conditionally accepted at Political Science Research and Methods
- Cook, Scott J. and Nils Weidmann. "Lost in Aggregation: Improving Event Analysis with Report-Level Data,'' Conditionally accepted at the American Journal of Political Science
- Cook, Scott J., Seung-Ho An, and Nathan Favero. "Beyond Policy Diffusion: Spatial Econometric Models of Public Administration," Forthcoming at the Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory
- Cook, Scott J., Jude C. Hays, and Robert J. Franzese. "Fixed Effects in Rare Events Data: A Penalized Maximum Likelihood Approach," Forthcoming at Political Science Research and Methods
- Betz, Timm, Scott J. Cook, and Florian M. Hollenbach. "On the Use and Abuse of Spatial Instruments," Forthcoming at Political Analysis
- Cook, Scott J., John Niehaus, and Samantha Zuhlke. 2018. "A Warning on Separation in Multinomial Logistic Models," Research & Politics. 5(2): 1-5.
- Cook, Scott J., Betsabe Blas, Raymond Carroll, and Samiran Sinha. 2017. "Two Wrongs Make a Right: Addressing Misclassification in Binary-Outcome Data from Multiple Sources,'' Political Analysis. 25(2): 223-240.
- Cook, Scott J. and Burcu Savun. 2016. "New Democracies and the Risk of Civil Conflict: The Lasting Legacy of Military Rule," Journal of Peace Research. 53(6): 745-757.
- Franzese, Robert J., Jude C. Hays, and Scott J. Cook. 2016. "Spatial- and Spatiotemporal-Autoregressive Probit Models of Interdependent Binary Outcomes," Political Science Research and Methods 4(1): 151-173.
Work in Progress
- "Spatial, Temporal, and Spatiotemporal Aggregation and Inference with TSCS data"
- "Informed Analysis of Incomplete Datasets: Bayesian Estimation of Binary Outcomes from Truncated Samples," co-authored with Betsabe Blas, Raymond Carroll, and Samiran Sinha.
- "The (Police) Agency Problem: Police Use of Deadly Force'' co-authored with David Fortunato
- "Model Selection and Spatial Analysis," co-authored with Jude C. Hays and Robert J. Franzese.
- "A Spatial Model of Nuclear Technology Diffusion," co-authored with Matthew Fuhrmann and Benjamin Tkach